Gauntlet is proud of the claims service that we provide to our clients. We understand the importance of having your claim dealt with quickly, efficiently and being provided with the highest possible service on each and every claim.
In the event of a claim you will deal with our dedicated and experienced in house Claims Manager, Harriet May, from first notification until conclusion of the claim. Your usual client manager can also provide assistance, if required.
Providing an excellent claims service is core to our business model; we understand the importance of receiving an individual and personal service, at what can be a difficult time, to ensure that the best advice and solutions are obtained.
Claims Notification Advice
It is essential that you notify us of all possible claims as soon as possible. Please note that any delay could prejudice your position. To report a claim to us, you can contact our dedicated in house Claims Manager, Harriet may by using the contact details shown below.
We will fully explain the claims process and advise you what to do next. If appropriate we will issue you with a claim form and inform your Insurer(s) of the circumstances of the loss. Your Insurer(s) may decide that the appointment of a loss adjuster is necessary, especially if the loss is likely to be high in value or complex in nature.
Many Insurers operate a 24hr Emergency Claims Helpline. If you are unable to contact us, you should refer to your policy document for details of any such service.
- You should not admit liability or offer compensation to a third party, even if you believe you are to blame for an incident.
- You are expected to take all reasonable steps to minimise your loss, for example secure your premises following a break in, or appoint a plumber following a leak.
- You should keep all receipts for any emergency repairs.
- If possible you should take photographs of any damage.
- You may be required to obtain repair/replacement estimates and/or a letter from a specialist to confirm that any item(s) are beyond economical repair.
- Do not dispose of any property without the agreement of your Insurers.
- If a crime has been committed, you must report it to the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number. You can report certain crimes online or over the telephone.